[SOLVED] How to remove a screw that rotates in the hole?

Feb 4, 2021
I have an Acer Aspire laptop. One of the screws of the laptop does not come lose. It stays and rotates in the hole but never loosen up. I think whatever the attachment inside the laptop that holds the screw is broken so when I try to remove the screw the whole assembly spins. I cannot verify because I cannot open up my laptop due to this screw being stuck in its place.

All the other screws can be unscrewed perfectly fine, but due to the position of this screw, I cannot find a sufficient gap to see what's going on inside or to put some pliers inside.

Here's an image
Here's another image

What should I do?

Solution
Its always better not to screw with screws as they can get into places u totally dont want them into
No problem bro and its good that u didnt put much force onto it.

Gegemon007

BANNED
Feb 4, 2021
Is your laptop still under warranty or expired? if it is under warranty, go to a service center and get them to fix that screw for u
If not, u can try to remove it with force..... but i think the backplate will break

Reactions: LaptopBreaker
Feb 4, 2021
Is your laptop still under warranty or expired? if it is under warranty, go to a service center and get them to fix that screw for u
If not, u can try to remove it with force..... but i think the backplate will break

Hi there. It's not under warranty. I have tried but did not wanna put too much force to it. I too think it is better to visit a repair shop. Thanks.