How to remove a virus dell pc e 310

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael starks

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010
:cry: i have a virus in my local hard drive what idid was to reinstall windows xp onto my cd-rom burner drive just to try to get back on the internet but how can i now get rid of that virus in local drive

dmroeder

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005
What I would do is install Avast, when it reboots, it will do a boot time scan and with any luck, virus gone. You can download it with whatever PC you are posting this on, and put it on a usb thumb drive to transfer it to your PC with the virus.

Others here will probably say they do not care for Avast, and they may have good reason, but it has not failed me. I have fixed many peoples PC's with expired anti-virus's and a serious mess of virus's.

saran008

Distinguished
Download & Install the following 3 freewares. It forms a free complete security suite for your system!
1. Avira Anvivir - http://www.free-av.com/en/download/index.html .
Avira is best & light solution for excellent overall system protection & internet security with real time updates, .

2. Malwarebytes - http://www.malwarebytes.org/ .
Malwarebytes is one of the best & effective antimalware tool out there.

3. Ccleaner - http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download .
CCleaner is a system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool with an effecient & most useful registry cleaner.

The Best Security combo for all types of systems.

Do a full scan & remove the culprit :)

jimb0b

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
You should also download threat fire from cnet,its a behavior based AV/antispyware,it doesnt rely on virus definitions,its designed to work along side your antivirus and itll catch most (if not all) malicious apps the moment they try anything suspicious. Also it wouldnt hurt to install the WOT(web of trust) plugin for your internet browser which will warn you about suspisious/infected sites on most search pages based on feedback from other users hence"web of trust" ,and if your still using windows firewall,i would download zone alarm...i like how it asks you when an app tries to update/phone home instead of them doing what they want when they want.

michael starks

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010

how do i get to avast to download it and install it i like your
way of helpng to get rid of this virus please reply

michael starks

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010

how do i put it on usb thumb drive to transfer it to the pc with the virus please reply asap.

dmroeder

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005
Does the infected computer boot into Windows? My original post (as well as my instructions below) assume that it will at least boot.

Download it here

Put it on a USB flash drive (thumb drive) or burn it to a CD. Plug the flash drive into the infected computer, or if you chose to put it on a CD, put the CD into the infected computer. The infected computer should then ask you what you want to do with the flash drive or CD. Select "Open folder to view files". Double click on the Avast file and go through the installation.

SevenVirtues

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
If you can't boot into windows you need an anti-virus boot disk.

Download one of these:
http://www.techmixer.com/free-bootable-antivirus-rescue-cds-download-list/

On a friends PC, burn it to disc and boot up your PC with it in the drive.

michael starks

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010

hey player i appreciate all the help that yuo have giving to me to do this but this piece of sh-t computer that i,m on now IBM 2000 is not allowing me to download from avast or the other one that you mention maybe if you canhelp to fix both of my computers for me i,ll pay you 200 bucks please hit me back asap thanks buddy out. mike

SevenVirtues

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009

You don't need to start paying $200 to get this fixed.

Find any working computer - one at work, a library etc. go to the link I gave you, download the bitdefender bootdisk.

Burn this to a blank DVD/CD. Put it in the infected computer and boot it up.

The Bitdefender disk will load up into a linux environment so the virus will not be able to run. From here you can update to the latest definitions (link on the desktop) then scan your computer as you normally would.

This should fix the major problems. Then when you get back onto your normal windows environment run a scan with malwarebytes.

Any other problems, or if this doesn't work just post here again and we'll help you sort it out.

michael starks

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010

digg up dude i just can,t do it the way you said what i have is 2 pcs one of them has a sh--tty 40gb hard drive in it that i,m trying to replace with a new 250gb hard drive but i don,t no how and the second dell pc has a fu---king virus please let me pay you 200 bucks to repair them both for me dude let me know . out mike

ricky_critic

Distinguished
May 27, 2010

# Open command prompt. Go to Windows, then Run, and type "cmd" . Press enter.
# Type "cd\" and press enter to get to the root directory of c:\ .
# Type "attrib -h -r -s autorun.inf" and press enter.
# Type "del autorun.inf" and press enter.
# Repeat the same process with other drives, type "d:" and do the same thing. then next "e:".and restart your computer.
# Restart your computer and it's done. Enjoy the freedom to open hard drives on a double click.

Status
Not open for further replies.