Question How to remove Bing search bar in edge open blank new tab

Crimsom_247

Reputable
Sep 19, 2016
Microsoft is defaulting customers to open Bing search in their edge browser's settings Open new tabs with A blank page. Harvesting of your data is declared within the ubiquitous, for your information statement "This site uses cookies for analytics, personalized content and ads. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use."
f01b508f-c44f-4f9f-a867-83b6ddf88707

It is seemingly not possible to open a blank new tab without the Bing search bar. It is seemingly not possible to stop Microsoft harvesting customer's search history. These Microsoft defaults give customers no opt out option.

It is possible to Open Microsoft Edge with http://blank.org/, then use the search bar at the top of the window to use your anonymous search engine, such as DuckDuckGo. However, clicking on New Tab defaults to the "not" a blank page with the Bing search bar.

Having conducted a futile internet search, I did not find how to remove the Bing search bar from the "not" open a blank page!

Has anyone has found a solution? Please tell us. Thank you in anticipation.

Last edited:

Crimsom_247

Reputable
Sep 19, 2016
Hi Traditore, thank you for your response to my question.

I few years ago I declared the default search engine to be DuckDuckGo.com and my open new tab blank page did not have a Bing search bar.

Something has recently changed. Perhaps a devious Windows Update. I suspect that Microsoft is trying very hard to get their customers to use Bing and thereby harvest customer's search history.

I have used the link you provided and the Virtual Agent attempted to find a solution that works. I came across a webpage that allowed me to select the option "How do I get rid of Bing and get my blank new tab back?". This link seems to be an 'old' topic and I still get the open new tab, blank page with the Bing search bar.

I continue to look for the solution to this recent unwanted and annoying Microsoft advertising of Bing.