How to remove BIOS Admin password from HP laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2018
Hello,

my laptop wasn't used at all for like 3 months. After I tried to play one game I found out that my dual graphics second video card isn't working and not even appearing on device manager (AMD drivers don't see the video card). I remember that when I bought this laptop there was an option in bios which allowed me to turn on dual graphics. When I tried to access BIOS it asked me for Administrator password. I don't remember setting it at all. After this big break I changed the battery, power supply, power jack of my laptop. I tried removing CMOS battery - didn't work. Filling three wrong passwords doesn't give me any code so I couldn't search for default BIOS password.

What are the chances that replacing those parts could have affected my laptop BIOS or causing my graphics card not to work? Power supplies outputs perfectly match. Graphics card is AMD RADEON HD8750m. I appreciate any help from You guys.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP ProBook 450 G1
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4702MQ CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard L74 Ver. 01.31, 7/22/2015
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version -->> 137.18
BIOS Mode Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer --->> Hewlett-Packard
BaseBoard Model Not Available
BaseBoard Name Base Board
Platform Role Mobile
Secure Boot State Unsupported
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.17134.1"

Solution
For the HP ProBook series, the BIOS password is stored in non-volatile memory. So you can't clear it out from CMOS.

Most likely you'll have to call HP support and have them generate it for you over the phone. In some cases, you have to validate ownership of the laptop itself to prove it doesn't belong to a company as an asset.

stdragon

Admirable
For the HP ProBook series, the BIOS password is stored in non-volatile memory. So you can't clear it out from CMOS.

Most likely you'll have to call HP support and have them generate it for you over the phone. In some cases, you have to validate ownership of the laptop itself to prove it doesn't belong to a company as an asset.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS