Question How to remove company account from Windows 10 Lenovo Laptop?

Jun 3, 2022
I just left my employer and took the option to buy my old Lenovo laptop. I bought a 1TB SSD and tried to reinstall Win10, but as part of the new install it comes to a screen saying "Enter your [company] id".

There's no way around it and I no longer have access to the company support. I'm guessing it has OEM settings somewhere in the BIOS. Anyone know how to reimage such a laptop?

Jun 3, 2022
I've done that, but when i boot from the USB stick with the new OS, it installs it and the third screen is right back to "Enter your company id". There's something in the BIOS that is hard coded to make this a company pc. I never get the chance to enter my new activation.

USAFRet

Titan
With the OS that you bought, did you do a full wipe and reinstall?

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
I've done that, but when i boot from the USB stick with the new OS, it installs it and the third screen is right back to "Enter your company id". There's something in the BIOS that is hard coded to make this a company pc. I never get the chance to enter my new activation.
Have you looked into the BIOS for a setting like this? Since it is a new SSD, you shouldn’t have a problem with the company’s previous installation. If you truly purchased it from your company, they should be more than willing to help you get the computer working.

Jun 3, 2022
I did do a full wipe and reinstall. When that still lead to the company login, I thought I might as well double the SSD so I bought a new 1TB NVME SSD. Still, it brings to the company login screen. Clearly, its an OEM machine with things in the BIOS.

bios setting? does the bios have a supervisor password set? some setting for loading company logo?
maybe you can update the bios?
does the machine have a small SSD cache drive?
you might have to turn it off. bios raid accelerate option to use ssd for cache?

diskpart.exe then run clean command to remove partition data?

here is someone with a similar issue on a microsoft surface machine:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...er-reset/7dada748-fe4c-4a9a-94a4-65a1d72bc5bd
it was recommended that they run a special tool to wipe info

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2022
bios setting? does the bios have a supervisor password set? some setting for loading company logo?
maybe you can update the bios?
does the machine have a small SSD cache drive?
you might have to turn it off. bios raid accelerate option to use ssd for cache?

diskpart.exe then run clean command to remove partition data?

here is someone with a similar issue on a microsoft surface machine:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...er-reset/7dada748-fe4c-4a9a-94a4-65a1d72bc5bd
it was recommended that they run a special tool to wipe info
It's a brand new SSD. No partitions. It's coming from BIOS, but I can't see where. No idea on SSD cache.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I have run into boot agents/loaders that do the same sort of thing. In one instance I was able to remove the boot loader. In another I was able to find a BIOS that corrected it (both of those were Dell machines). On one that I had this issue there was apparently nothing to do as it was baked in somehow.

I am actually a bit surprised in that if the company sold you the laptop one would think the IT dept would make sure it was a usable machine for you. I echo the comments above about contacting them directly and see what can be done, or even if a refund can be issued in the case that it isn't reversible/removable.