[SOLVED] How to remove coolermaster heat sink pushpins?

Solution
I think when you wiggle it free (there are expanding lugs on the other side that now that the pushpin is released can close up and fit through the hole), it'll reassemble.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Should just be able to twist them (i believe there is an arrow on the top indicating the direction) to unlock them, then pull directly up, shouldn't take much force once they are unlocked, you can always give a little help from pushing the other side if needed.

Reactions: Krsensei
Aug 5, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Should just be able to twist them (i believe there is an arrow on the top indicating the direction) to unlock them, then pull directly up, shouldn't take much force once they are unlocked, you can always give a little help from pushing the other side if needed.
Thanks for the reply! Sadly they didn’t include a arrow lol which would be helpful. Starting to think mine may be stuck

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Thanks for the reply! Sadly they didn’t include a arrow lol which would be helpful. Starting to think mine may be stuck
As 13monkey also stated, should just be a 90 degree turn to unlock then pull straight up.
If it's being difficult, try each of them, and then maybe help them slightly from the underside of the motherboard (be wary of not damaging anything of course). Do you know exactly what cooler it is?

Aug 5, 2019
As 13monkey also stated, should just be a 90 degree turn to unlock then pull straight up.
If it's being difficult, try each of them, and then maybe help them slightly from the underside of the motherboard (be wary of not damaging anything of course). Do you know exactly what cooler it is?
Welp I think I may have broken one :(
Found the model Vortex Plus (RR-VTPS-28PK-R1)
View: https://imgur.com/a/mRNvIzA

Last edited: