[SOLVED] How to remove CPU overclock and restore to default clock speed on gigabyte z390 aorus xtreme mobo?

Danib0y26

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
Hi guys,

So I have a 9900k overclocked to 5gz at 1.35v, I had the oc done for me everything is fine but I want to remove the overclock on my cpu and learn to do it myself and see of I can push higher etc.
My motherboard is a gigabyte z390 aorus xtreme is there a setting in the bios that just allows me to “reset” the cpu back to normal? Similar to what I’d find in afterburner for my gpu where it just resets back to factory presets.

I just want to undo the overclock back to the way it originally came.

I don’t want to clear the cmos

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

Solution
Not the CPU, specifically. At least, not a one-click setup.

You could load optimized defaults in the BIOS (F7), which would revert everything to stock. But that would impact things like boot priority, or fan curves etc if configured.

On a modern Z390 board, there shouldn't be much changed but still.

In terms of just removing the CPU OC, it should jsut be a matter of the M.I.T tab & Advanced frequency settings. Revert everything to "Auto". That should do it, I believe.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Not the CPU, specifically. At least, not a one-click setup.

You could load optimized defaults in the BIOS (F7), which would revert everything to stock. But that would impact things like boot priority, or fan curves etc if configured.

On a modern Z390 board, there shouldn't be much changed but still.

In terms of just removing the CPU OC, it should jsut be a matter of the M.I.T tab & Advanced frequency settings. Revert everything to "Auto". That should do it, I believe.

Reactions: Danib0y26
Solution