[SOLVED] how to remove ease of access button from lock screen in windows 10

steamvolger

Commendable
Sep 20, 2018
hello everyone how are you all doing today?

i have a question how can i remove ease of access button from lock screen in windows 10 completely this is for security reasons i do not want someone to replace it with cmd and do alot of stuff soooo .... how can i get rid of this button
i am gonna say it again remove the button (completely) i do not want this button to show at all

howtobeironic

Honorable
Jun 16, 2018
On a side note, the good old replace-accessibility-with-cmd to change the password is usable however simply removing that button won't make your system any safer. There are programs to do that change offline, or even pull the password from the device, with the same level of time and accessibility required. They'd just have to boot your PC with a stick (not anything special, just an Ubuntu live stick) and copy off the SAM database to try cracking it later on. So, don't trust your Windows screen lock and either carry important stuff with you and/or use an extra layer of encryption such as veracrypt to keep things safe.

Reactions: steamvolger

steamvolger

Commendable
Sep 20, 2018
On a side note, the good old replace-accessibility-with-cmd to change the password is usable however simply removing that button won't make your system any safer. There are programs to do that change offline, or even pull the password from the device, with the same level of time and accessibility required. They'd just have to boot your PC with a stick (not anything special, just an Ubuntu live stick) and copy off the SAM database to try cracking it later on. So, don't trust your Windows screen lock and either carry important stuff with you and/or use an extra layer of encryption such as veracrypt to keep things safe.
i am using an extra layer of encryption but still i would much rather not have it
but thanks for the information mate

Reactions: howtobeironic