How to remove gigabyte gtx 970 g1?

Jaycen12345

Reputable
Aug 22, 2015
Hi guys i m trying to reapply the paste of the gigabyte gtx 970 g1. But i unscrewed the 6 screws in the backplate, and it didnt come off!! How do i do that!?!?

Solution
that is normal. there are thermal compound and thermal tape literally sticking your heatsink to your GPU like glue. you have to use some force, and kind of try to twist the heatsink a bit to get it to come off.

thermal compound becomes soft if it is heated up. so if you have heat-gloves (or oven mitts with fingers), stress test your GPU until it's nice and toasty. then quickly turn off your computer, immediately try to disassemble your GPU, it should be easier
that is normal. there are thermal compound and thermal tape literally sticking your heatsink to your GPU like glue. you have to use some force, and kind of try to twist the heatsink a bit to get it to come off.

thermal compound becomes soft if it is heated up. so if you have heat-gloves (or oven mitts with fingers), stress test your GPU until it's nice and toasty. then quickly turn off your computer, immediately try to disassemble your GPU, it should be easier

Solution