Question How to remove "High definition audio controller" from device manager for good? Comes back after every windows start

gabi222

Reputable
Jan 22, 2020
The culprit: in device manager under System devices : High definition audio controller

Please help me with this, it is turning my system into a peripherals lag fest. I don't even need that garbage I bought a freaking great USB Audio card and it's great for me. I want the rest of the crap uninstalled for ever (I disabled my onboard audio from bios )

I am uninstalling that annoying thing and after restart / recover from sleep that MOFO is back kicking and running and making my mouse, game controller act weird (presumably it's one of the reasons). This is not a very new PC so I presume some drivers are being messed up and as a result my system is a stutter mess when I pan the camera in games, controller feels random and different every day etc. When I disable that garbage I can actually play games and feel good about how they look and how the mouse moves and so on

I'm not kidding please someone help me find a way (stop a service or something) so windows stops necroing that piece of garbage back into my system

For now I tried this solution:
https://www.sevenforums.com/hardwar...nager-disabled-devices-re-enable-restart.html
but now i see the that device has some weird events about another driver and is still ENABLED. I want this thing GONE from device manager any one out there out there who knows a way to stop Windows from forcing what it thinks is best for my system and give me the option to actually do what i want? I mean if i can remove it and there's literally no issue, how in the world can windows just pop systems back like I have no say?

What is even that thing? Any way i can identify what actual piece of hardware is this?

gabi222

Reputable
Jan 22, 2020
in device manager, right click on it and disable it

Sure but disabling is not the thing as uninstalling and removing it. What if it holds some IRQ?
If it's an udio device that keeps sending interrupts and messing up my peripherals in the process, wouldn't i want this out for good instead of appearing disabled and doing god knows what while i play a game?

gabi222

Reputable
Jan 22, 2020
Oh I just realized i have 500 Interrupt Requests for
Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System

This is in device manager show resources by connection. This can't be good right? 55 to 511 wtf