Question how to remove infected files that will not be removed

mraroid

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2014
Hi...

I am trying to help my friend with her modern Asus laptop (i5 processor) which is in Chinese. It was never updated and is filled with viruses,trojan horse, root kits etc. I booted to safe mode and ran Viperescue. It found hundreds of things that it removed. I installed and paid for a copy of Malwarebytes and updated it, and ran it in safe mode. It found even more.

I am unable to update this computer because it still have viruses and trojan horses in it. Malwarebytes is forever giving me pop ups saying it is stopping bad actors from dialing out.

I was trying to use DOS commands to let me change the bad programs and folders so I can erase them. But I have not been successful.

Are you skilled at the dos prompt? Maybe you can post some examples on how to change files and folders so I can remove them. It was suggested that I install Unlocker 1.9.2 but it installed in Chinese and I had no idea how to read it.

I tried to install other anti virus software, but some will not install with malwarebytes and some are un reachable to me (I am in the US).

I tried this:

1. Right click folder
  2. Select "properties"
  3. Select the "security" tab
  4. Click the 'Advanced" button
  5. Select the "owner" tab
  6. Click the "Edit" button
  7. Under 'change owner to' highlight the user you wish to set as owner
  8. Check the 'replace owner on subcontainers and objects' box
  9. click the 'apply' button (this will take you back to the 'advanced security settings' window)

1. Select the 'permissions' tab
  2. Click the "Change permissions" button
  3. Highlight the user you need to change permissions for
  4. click the 'edit' button
  5. Check "allow" box next to full control
  6. Click "Ok"
  7. Check the box next to "include inheritabl permissions from this object's parent"
  8. Check the box next to "replace all child object permissioms with inheritable permissions from this object"
  9. Click "apply"
  10. Click "yes" in the pop up box"
  11. Click "OK" to close permissions window
  12. Click "Ok" to close advanced security settings window
  13. Click "ok" to close the properties window
  1. Properties
  2. Sharing tab
  3. Share ... Be sure you have your user with read/write Permission level
  4. Come back, Advanced sharing
  5. Permissions be sure your user is here with Full Control

This did not work.

Any suggestions welcome. Thank you.

jack

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

I would save any pictures and important files and just start fresh new. You will be factory fresh, go get all the updates and life will be happy.................................................at least it will help you chasing your own tail with all the gremlins your fighting.

This recovery will only work if no one has DELETED RECOVERY hidden partition.

If the method for your ASUS differs just google your exact model some have you hold down keys while booting so hope this helps.

Power on or reboot the ASUS laptop. When the ASUS logo screen appears, press "F9" to access the hidden partition. Press "Enter" when Windows Boot Manager appears. Choose your language from the options and click "Next."