[SOLVED] How to remove Samsung NVME drivers and use only Microsoft NVME drivers?

Danib0y26

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
So I have 970 pro m.2, 970 evo m.2 and a 860 evo ssd. I’m getting bsod upon wake up from sleep with stop code “Internal Power Error” this is a known issue using samsung drivers and will happen religiously upon waking my pc from sleep.

The fix is to completely remove the samsung drivers and use Microsofts NVMe drivers, can someone tell me how I do this? I just don’t want to lose data or screw anything up. I don’t have any idea how to uninstall samsung nvme drivers and replace with the microsoft nvme drivers or where to even find them.

really appreciate any help.

Solution
you can select rollback driver from device mgmt or boot into safe mode and uninstall the NVME driver from install/uninstall applications.

So I have 970 pro m.2, 970 evo m.2 and a 860 evo ssd. I’m getting bsod upon wake up from sleep with stop code “Internal Power Error” this is a known issue using samsung drivers and will happen religiously upon waking my pc from sleep.

The fix is to completely remove the samsung drivers and use Microsofts NVMe drivers, can someone tell me how I do this? I just don’t want to lose data or screw anything up. I don’t have any idea how to uninstall samsung nvme drivers and replace with the microsoft nvme drivers or where to even find them.

you can select rollback driver from device mgmt or boot into safe mode and uninstall the NVME driver from install/uninstall applications.

Solution

Danib0y26

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
Then presumably you have a known good backup of this data?

yes I do, I just don’t want to add additional unnecessary steps if not needed, just want to uninstall samsung drivers and replace them with the Microsoft nvme drivers that’s it. Just need to know how to do this and where to find the drivers for both microsoft and samsung

USAFRet

Titan
yes I do, I just don’t want to add additional unnecessary steps if not needed, just want to uninstall samsung drivers and replace them with the Microsoft nvme drivers that’s it. Just need to know how to do this and where to find the drivers for both microsoft and samsung
OK, just verifying. Far too often, that is not the case.
Data loss is always a possibility.

Danib0y26

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
it’s all good guys I figured it out myself, just locate the samsung nvme driver open, it will give you uninstall option, click it, reboot and microsoft nvme drivers will automatically pick up and run for you.