Question How to remove static from aux cord connection?

dantheman0809

Honorable
Oct 14, 2015
Hello, I have a relatively old Roland piano amplifier/stereo that I am using as a computer speaker. I am using an aux connection connected to the back of the motherboard. Is there any way to reduce the static from the amplifier output? My PC details should be listed just below if you're wondering.

No magic, u will just have to try out different things, unless you have an electronics buddy with the necessary test equipment to pinpoint the source.

PC are noisy sources, your best bet is a digital link-up between the 2.

Top of my head an USB dongle with analog out maybe the easiest, cheapest ticket. No guarantee.

dantheman0809

Honorable
Oct 14, 2015
No magic, u will just have to try out different things, unless you have an electronics buddy with the necessary test equipment to pinpoint the source.

PC are noisy sources, your best bet is a digital link-up between the 2.

Top of my head an USB dongle with analog out maybe the easiest, cheapest ticket. No guarantee.

Thanks for the response. I just tested out a digital converter to USB on the back of the motherboard. It didn't change anything. I just found out that I actually end up getting static when i plug in the aux into the back of the amplifier, regardless of whether it's plugged into the PC (or anything, for that matter) or not. This amp is old enough that there are no digital inputs there, the only inputs are a red and white dual aux connection. Do you think there's anything I can do at this point? It seems like it is completely the amp that is the problem.