How to remove tasktray icon permanently

Aidan P

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2013
So my mouse has some software for customising the LED colour on it etc and the icon for the application is always running in my tasktray despite setting my preference to 'hide notifications and icon'. Is there any other way (without uninstalling) of permanently preventing it appearing?
Thanks

Solution
"Hide Notification and Icon" just makes it so you don't see it next to the clock but when you click on the Triangle it still shows it.

If you want to remove it from there all together you need to go into MSCONFIG and start the program from starting up which make cause you to lose some features of your mouse though.
"Hide Notification and Icon" just makes it so you don't see it next to the clock but when you click on the Triangle it still shows it.

If you want to remove it from there all together you need to go into MSCONFIG and start the program from starting up which make cause you to lose some features of your mouse though.

Solution

Aidan P

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2013

Yeah I know about the MSCONFIG method, just curious if there was any other way. Guess I'll give that a try and see if my mouse is still okay without it. Thanks.