How to remove Ubuntu from a secondary hard drive?

FranchToest

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
Hello everyone :) I have Windows 7 installed on my State Drive and I recently installed Ubuntu on my Secondary Hard Drive. I want to completely wipe the Hard Drive, removing Ubuntu, so that I can do an Arch Linux install. I was just going to reformat the drive but I can't because Windows doesn't recognize ext4. Can someone also tell me how to remove all of the partitions on the drive after it is clean? Thanks in advanced.

Solution
You can do that with the cmd command "diskpart".

From the cmd type "diskpart">list disk>select disk* where * is the disk number of the second drive. Make sure that you select the correct disk. After double checking type clean that will wipe the entire disk including all partitions. However I have never had a problem doing the same thing from Disk Management with any Linux version I have installed.

To try that option right click on My Computer on the Desktop a new window will open from there left click on Disk Management. Then left click on the disk partition you want to delete to select that disk then right click and choose delete. Do that for every partition on that disk to remove them all.

Also if you are installing a different...
You can do that with the cmd command "diskpart".

From the cmd type "diskpart">list disk>select disk* where * is the disk number of the second drive. Make sure that you select the correct disk. After double checking type clean that will wipe the entire disk including all partitions. However I have never had a problem doing the same thing from Disk Management with any Linux version I have installed.

To try that option right click on My Computer on the Desktop a new window will open from there left click on Disk Management. Then left click on the disk partition you want to delete to select that disk then right click and choose delete. Do that for every partition on that disk to remove them all.

Also if you are installing a different version of Linux you can use that versions disk utility to reformat the disk. Either way should work.

Solution