How to remove ubuntu to install windows 7?

Manomnomnom

Reputable
Sep 27, 2014
Hey,

I downloaded and installed ubuntu on my laptop a while ago, while I did that something went kind of wrong and now I don´t have my windows anymore. I thought yeah big deal I have ubuntu now anyways. Then on a rainy afternoon I wanted to play archeage it didn´t work, I wanted to plat skyrim it didn´t work. The sad me wanted to get windows back, so I got my self a nice windows 7 iso file (not windows 8, boo windows 8). Got to the boot device thingy (f9), but it didn´t show up. Yes I burned the windows iso on a disk. To conclude my question is how can I get my nice windows and remove ubuntu?

Clearly I am not a expert in this computer world but I kind of need help! :3

X

Solution
You burn not copy an ISO such as UBCD. There are other stand alone (meaning you can boot your computer to them, like your install disk for Ubuntu) partitioners out there including your Ubuntu install disk which has gparted or even gparted itself has an iso version. http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gparted/gparted-live-0.19.1-4-i486.iso

After you use gparted or UBCD from a cd to change your hard drive to NTFS then you use your windows installer dvd. This erases everything! If you want to recovery your files do that first and if you need help with that we're here.

Manomnomnom

Reputable
Sep 27, 2014

I already did all that.. and the thing is that the disk does run on my old computer so the disk is bootable. I checked my bios and the optical drive is number 1. But it won´t work :( but thanks for the tip :)

Manomnomnom

Reputable
Sep 27, 2014

Thank you but I know for sure that the disk is fine, because it works on my old computer.. Would you perhaps know what could be wrong with my current computer? :)

I am not a computer mind reader. Just saying 'it doesn't work' is too generic. Maybe your DVD drive is not working properly or maybe you have to press some special key to boot from DVD... Alternatively you can try making a windows USB drive instead of DVD..

Manomnomnom

Reputable
Sep 27, 2014

Thanks! and I checked and found out that my secure boot was enabled, so I disabled it. Oh how I wished that would have worked but no :( The IPv4 and IPv6 uefi where selected.

stillblue

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
If you installed Ubuntu under Legacy instead of UEFI your DVD may not be seeing a valid partition to "copy files" to because Windows can not see an Ubuntu partition. Try a live boot cd or dvd like your original Ubuntu or perhaps UBCD and repartition the drive to NTFS or FAT32 so windows can see it.

Manomnomnom

Reputable
Sep 27, 2014

Hmm oke, so do you mean that I need to burn the ubcd iso on the disk together with the windows iso? Might be a stupid question but I am not a star at these kind of things :´)

stillblue

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
You burn not copy an ISO such as UBCD. There are other stand alone (meaning you can boot your computer to them, like your install disk for Ubuntu) partitioners out there including your Ubuntu install disk which has gparted or even gparted itself has an iso version. http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gparted/gparted-live-0.19.1-4-i486.iso

After you use gparted or UBCD from a cd to change your hard drive to NTFS then you use your windows installer dvd. This erases everything! If you want to recovery your files do that first and if you need help with that we're here.

Solution

Manomnomnom

Reputable
Sep 27, 2014

It worked!!! thank you so so much!! I only have one problem left and that is that my laptop cannot find my router nor when I connect the internet cabel, but I will try to figure it out :D

Thanks again!!

X