How to remove welcome screen at startup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys wondering if you can help me with this. I am trying to find a way to remove the welcome startup screen when windows XP starts. When i refur to the welcome screen i mean the one that displays like after you log in on when you pick an account on the main welcome screen. The XP comuter i am doing this on so only has one account so trying to find a way to get that welcome blue screen removed so that when it starts will go right to the desktop or desktop background first.

It's most likely the .NET ASP account causing this. If you're using Catalyst Control Center from ATi, removing the account will likely cause CCC to stop working. If you're not using it, then go ahead and delete the account.

one_winger

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2006
A solution (this enables auto-login):

Start -> Run... -> control userpasswords2

Uncheck the "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" checkbox. Enter the username and password to be used for the login, and press OK, OK.

To disable the Welcome Screen:

control userpasswords

-or-

Control Panel -> Users/Accounts/Whatever, uncheck the "Use the Welcome Screen" and the "Enable Fast User Switching" checkboxes (the latter of the two will save on system resources.

If you still want a login, but no Welcome Screen, just do the second instruction.

That will help.

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.