How to remove xfinity wifi from my computer, grandchildren loaded on last visit

Cotton222

Reputable
Mar 2, 2015
My computer now automatically signs into xfinity instead of my service provider. How can I block, remove or unregister xfinity WIFI from my computer?

Solution
To delete a wireless network connection

1.Right click on the network/wireless icon in lower right of your screen, then choose "Start Network and Sharing Center."
2.In the Tasks pane on the left side, click Manage wireless networks.
3.Right-click the connection you want to delete, and then click Remove network.
4.In the Manage Wireless Networks - Warning dialog box, click OK.

Then reconnect to your personal wifi network.

Is Comcast your provider? If so, you're basically using the 'public' connection that Comcast is installing everywhere.

You can disable it in your account settings...

g90814

Honorable
Apr 11, 2013
To delete a wireless network connection

1.Right click on the network/wireless icon in lower right of your screen, then choose "Start Network and Sharing Center."
2.In the Tasks pane on the left side, click Manage wireless networks.
3.Right-click the connection you want to delete, and then click Remove network.
4.In the Manage Wireless Networks - Warning dialog box, click OK.

Then reconnect to your personal wifi network.

Is Comcast your provider? If so, you're basically using the 'public' connection that Comcast is installing everywhere.

You can disable it in your account settings.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/how-to-disable-xfinity-wifi,news-19036.html#how-to-disable-xfinity-wifi%2Cnews-19036.html?&_suid=1425326799715011381755935458065

Solution

sferrell

Reputable
Oct 6, 2015
My computer now automatically signs into xfinity instead of my service provider. How can I block, remove or unregister xfinity WIFI from my computer?

i recognize that i'm answering a question that was asked 3 years ago... but i went looking for an answer to a similar (if not the same) question and this is the 1st result that i found.
anyways, i am fairly intuitive with windows... and the answer was not apparent to me. note, i am using windows 7 but this might be applicable to windows 10.
i kept creating wireless profiles using windows "manage wireless networks" and 'something' was overriding it. that something is intel proset wireless wifi connection utility... which i am going to call IPWWCU. you'll know that the IPWWCU utility is installed because when your wireless connection changes it will pop-up in the bottom-right corner of your screen for a couple of seconds. to manage wireless networks from the IPWWCU utility, click the up-arrow in your system tray (in the bottom-right corner of your screen) and double-click on the green wifi icon.
to change the order of the wifi priorities (e.g. allow your computer to connect to xfinitywifi but only if it is the only wifi available)... select profiles, select xfinitywifi, then select the down-arrow until it's at the bottom of the list.
or to prevent your computer from connecting to xfinitywifi... select xfinitywifi, properties, manage exclusions, add, enter xfinitywifi it is not entered already, select add.