Question How to replace mounting brackets for a specific CPU cooler?

Oct 4, 2019
Hi
I got my hands on a cpu cooler that goes by "ZALMAN ZF9225ATH" (at least it's what is written on the fan), but I have no mounting brackets for it and it appears to be from socket 939 or AM2/AM2+, I am not sure, since there's not a lot of documentation about this old piece of copper.
I wanted to put it to work just for the sake of it, I got it for almost nothing and if I could make it work it would be nice.
If hypothetically the heatsink fit my LGA1366 cpu in size, what could I do to fix it in place? Is there some kind of universal mounting bracket?
The mounting system of the Hyper 212 seems like a good alternative, since there are no screws on the heatsink itself, but I can only find stock cooler mounting.
Thank you anyway

Oct 4, 2019
Hi
Yeah, I found out the coolers real name, it's CNPS9500/9700
There is a specific mount bracket for this cooler to make it fit 1366, however I can't seem to find them on my country
What would be the poor man's work around if I can't find this?

The mounting bracket is called ZM-CS4A

Nigel Spike

Reputable
Jan 9, 2016
Another quick Google search reveals that in many places they have stopped selling it, which maybe isn't odd, since another hit is a thread here in Toms, from 2006. I did however get one hit from Amazon selling it. If they ship to your country or not, I cannot say.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS