how to replica PDC and BDC

jw

Hi

Please tell me how to replica PDC and BDC's SAM information because I
install NT 4.0 into new computer set as BDC and then promote it as PDC to
carry out upgrading Windows 2003 Standard Server.

Thanks
Jimmy

The SAM is replicated by default.

You can force a full synchronization by typing the following command at a
command prompt on the BDC:

net accounts /sync

You can also force a full synchronization by using the NLTEST utility from
the Windows NT Server 4.0 Resource Kit:

nltest /sync /server:<BDC_name>

--
Darren Hook
dhook@online.microsoft.com

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

"Jw" <jwhk3@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Please tell me how to replica PDC and BDC's SAM information because I
> install NT 4.0 into new computer set as BDC and then promote it as PDC to
> carry out upgrading Windows 2003 Standard Server.
>
> Thanks
> Jimmy

The SAM is replicated by default if you installed the new BDC while
connected to your existing domain.

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE