[SOLVED] How To Reset Boot Order On A ASUS B350M-A Mobo?!

maskedriderchris

Commendable
Sep 15, 2017
I'm attempting to reconfigure a spare computer I have on hand to sell to a coworker with a fresh installation of Windows 8.1, but I'm running into a problem. The machine in question is running Linux Mint currently. Yet every time I go into the BIOS, it utterly refuses to let me change the boot order so that I can install Windows from a USB key. No matter what I try, the BIOS always tells me, when I try to change the boot order, that I have not changed anything in the BIOS! The mobo is this side of brand new, as well. What am I doing wrong, here, and if worse comes to worse I may just have to bite the bullet and get a new SSD to do a total fresh install with, but I'd like to avoid that. What do I need to do, here, to be able to make this thing boot from USB?

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
Have you tried repeatedly tapping the F8 key after rebooting?
That should bring up a boot device menu that will let you choose the USB drive.
If the F8 key doesn't work look in the motherboard manual to see what key will let you access the boot menu for your motherboard.

maskedriderchris

Commendable
Sep 15, 2017
Have you tried repeatedly tapping the F8 key after rebooting?
That should bring up a boot device menu that will let you choose the USB drive.
If the F8 key doesn't work look in the motherboard manual to see what key will let you access the boot menu for your motherboard.

Not yet, but that's next on the agenda, and thank you!

EDIT: Nope, the damned thing is still booting into Linux even when I choose the USB key. DAMMIT.

Last edited: