how to reset boot order on new window 8.1

kelvin Iyke

Commendable
Jul 15, 2016
how to reset boot order on new or faulty window 8.1 so that it can boot from flash drive,
please if after setting the boot order to boot from flash drive and it did not boot from it, what will i do

Solution
The boot order is set in the BIOS. At power on, press F2 or DEL (those are the most common keys the enter the BIOS). Locate the Boot Order and set/save as desired.

Another option is to manually select the boot device at startup. Pressing F11 or F12 (once again, typical choices) at start up should present the boot device menu to select from.

Most motherboards/systems will present you this information on the splash screen at power up.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The boot order is set in the BIOS. At power on, press F2 or DEL (those are the most common keys the enter the BIOS). Locate the Boot Order and set/save as desired.

Another option is to manually select the boot device at startup. Pressing F11 or F12 (once again, typical choices) at start up should present the boot device menu to select from.

Most motherboards/systems will present you this information on the splash screen at power up.

Solution

kelvin Iyke

Commendable
Jul 15, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from kelvin Iyke : "please if after setting the boot order to boot from flash drive and it did not boot from it, what will i do"

if after setting boot order of window 8.1 to boot from flash drive and it did not, what will i do?