How to resolve constant Blue Screen of Death?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nakedtons

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
I had recently assembled my new computer, installed Windows 7 and run it without any problems until I am constantly encountering the dreaded Blue Screen of Death! I was able to restart my computer manually until just minutes ago when the entire system failed to boot up at all! I kept trying for about one hour and recheck all the cables until I got lucky! Just before I went into BIOS, it states: " Advanced Clock Calibration Failed. Press F2 to enter Setup." I then called my computer vendor and he told me to load default settings in BIOS and saved it.
Here is the error dump log my computer had saved!

Is the BSOD due to this advanced clock calibration failure which the motherboard states or some other mysterious hardware issue? Need help as I do not wish to receive another BSOD as it could cause errors on my harddrive!
Appreciate your answers!

Solution
DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE is a failure for a device driver/hardware combination to change its power link state. IE lfailure to change a sleep state of the driver rather than a failure in the system power. Most of the time you would just update the device driver from your motherboard vendor website.

the orginal error would most likely be automatic BIOS controlled overclocking, you would reset the BIOS and update to the current version
or disable the BIOS overclocking.

nakedtons

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
By the way, is there any difference between Thermaltake SP-750P PSU and ThermalTake Tough Gold 750watts? I clearly paid for ThermalTake Tough Gold 750watts but the vendor gave me Thermaltake SP-750P for the same price! Am I cheated or something?