Question How to restore folder window to default mid-size?

Pimpom

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
I don't know if this has a name: The size of an open drive or folder window when it's somewhere between minimized and maximized. I'll just call it mid-size here. Whatever the name, I like the default size. But I sometimes have to change the size such as when tiling two open folders side by side or when I need to temporarily make it bigger or smaller.

Keeping to the default size makes some of my maintenance tasks easier. Is there a way to restore the default mid-size instead of manually resizing to approximately the previous size? Editing some .ini file or a registry value perhaps?

USAFRet

Titan
I don't know if this has a name: The size of an open drive or folder window when it's somewhere between minimized and maximized. I'll just call it mid-size here. Whatever the name, I like the default size. But I sometimes have to change the size such as when tiling two open folders side by side or when I need to temporarily make it bigger or smaller.

Keeping to the default size makes some of my maintenance tasks easier. Is there a way to restore the default mid-size instead of manually resizing to approximately the previous size? Editing some .ini file or a registry value perhaps?
I don't believe there is a 'default size' for an Explorer window. It is whatever it was the last time you closed it.