[SOLVED] How to restore hibernate on idle after Windows update?

DrNesr

Honorable
Apr 7, 2015
My computer runs Windows 10 (20H2, Build 19042.1052) Before the latest update the computer used to perform automatic hibernate if idle for more than 1hr. After the update, it never hibernates if idle, however, the hibernation can be performed manually without problems.
I noticed too that sometimes the power plan in the Power Options keeps changing by itself! I made all the plans to hibernate after 45 minutes, but no luck!

How can I make my computer hibernates after idle?

5ZwGgcT.png

Hibernate has RARELY ever worked right since the inception of Windows 7, and it has never really improved much with Windows 8.1 or 10. My recommendation is to entirely disable hibernation by disabling it completely and simply using sleep. The difference is negligible and sleep tends to not have any of the problems that hibernate has. The power savings difference is negligible to be honest. I disable hibernation on EVERY system I work on as a matter of course, because, more often than not, it creates more problems than it solves.

DrNesr

Honorable
Apr 7, 2015
Hibernate has RARELY ever worked right since the inception of Windows 7, and it has never really improved much with Windows 8.1 or 10. My recommendation is to entirely disable hibernation by disabling it completely and simply using sleep. The difference is negligible and sleep tends to not have any of the problems that hibernate has. The power savings difference is negligible to be honest. I disable hibernation on EVERY system I work on as a matter of course, because, more often than not, it creates more problems than it solves.
Thank you for your reply. However, the problem happens even with sleep! i.e. no sleep on idle too, I have to do it manually.

How can I fix this to restore the sleep/hibernate on idle?

Have you tried, at ANY point recently, doing a CLEAN install of Windows? Especially if you've been upgrading Windows periodically in the spring and fall for a while and haven't done a clean install recently of the the most current version, it might be worth the effort to do so.

Sometimes there is simply no other way to fix things and get rid of the cruft from multiple upgrades and updates than to do a clean install. Often, it is the fix that is needed. Not always, but a lot of the time.

DrNesr

Honorable
Apr 7, 2015
Have you tried, at ANY point recently, doing a CLEAN install of Windows? Especially if you've been upgrading Windows periodically in the spring and fall for a while and haven't done a clean install recently of the most current version, it might be worth the effort to do so.
Yes, I did it today, I have installed an in-place installation of the latest version of Windows 10.
Unfortunately, the problem still no solved!
Even the sleep on idle is not working, I think some program prevents the computer from feeling idle!
how to know it?