How to restore MOVED images to their Original Order?

Sagar_20

Distinguished
As you know, if you move your phone data from Internal memory to a Micro SD card using phone, the pictures are moved as per their name and they lose their time stamps and as a result, the order of photos in you gallery gets messed up. The same happened with me and it drove me crazy. Now the pictures are in the Micro SD card but all jumbled up and i am seeing them in a distorted order in both the external storage as well as the Galley. I'm wondering if there's a way i can fix this?

I have asked this question twice on here but none of the forums actually helped. Please give me a working solution.. Or suggest me a freeware that can help? I know about a Software that works but it'd cost me $20. Please Help

Solution
There's freeware that can do this, though some utilities might not be entirely simple to use. One example that I found from a quick search is this one, though I haven't tried it myself...

https://sourceforge.net/projects/photodateorganizer/

You likely wouldn't want to use the file rename or copy features, but it also supports changing the file's date to the one stored in the image's EXIF data. That might fix the order that the images appear in on your phone, though you'll need to access the SD card from a PC.
There's freeware that can do this, though some utilities might not be entirely simple to use. One example that I found from a quick search is this one, though I haven't tried it myself...

https://sourceforge.net/projects/photodateorganizer/

You likely wouldn't want to use the file rename or copy features, but it also supports changing the file's date to the one stored in the image's EXIF data. That might fix the order that the images appear in on your phone, though you'll need to access the SD card from a PC.

Solution

Sagar_20

Distinguished

Thanks
It worked really well for me.

Simple and easy to use. However, i was not able select OR write files from/to the External Memory so i had to move the Camera folder into my PC and then Select it as source and write files to somewhere else in the PC again.
Before, i could not even start the process but after doing the above, it worked immediately.

"Change File Name" option was useless for me. So was "Create files in Subfolders using Templates". I kept a tick mark on "Preserve Original Folder Structure" but i don't know what would've happened otherwise.

Yet to see what the order becomes after i copy/move these files back on to my Phone as in PC, i could already see the images in the correct order after Selecting "Sort by Date /Descending", but in phone there's no way i can fix this.