How to restore Windows 7 on HP Pavillion Elite e9220y

Monsoon1956

Reputable
Jan 26, 2016
How can I restore Windows 7 on an HP Pavillion Elite e9220y? No restore disc, HP Does not provide one (I checked their website). It died during a Windows 10 restore. I suspect now after multiple web searches that it tried to restore to the first card reader port (no media... You think they'd mention disconnecting that during system restore, but no...). Just to see if the hardware actually worked, I installed XP (32bit) and all the hardware does indeed work, at least for that. I have been able to locate the drivers for the internal wireless, sound card and video, but not the correct OS. The only HP OEM ISO I'm finding is for Win7 Ultimate, but it had Win7 Home Premium (64bit). Even if I use a non-oem OS will the numbers on the side of my case work to register it? Any hope, or is it a $400 paperweight? Thanks!

Solution
As long as you find the OS for the exact same version as the OS you had before, the activate key on the case will work. So, what version of Windows 7 exactly do you need?

Monsoon1956

Reputable
Jan 26, 2016
Thanks thejackal85! I guess go ahead and close this thread. I'm not finding the HP OEM for Win 7 home premium, so I decided to DL the Win7 all in one, just in case I didn't remember the correct OS (Had win 10 free upgrade since last November). Hopefully the license on my box will do OK.