[SOLVED] How to restrict copy access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WickedSick

Commendable
Jun 22, 2020
Hello community.
I'm working on a kind of book.
But the problem is we only want the PDF access to people who use it.
I mean, i don't want them to copy\paste and easily share the file with others. (I mean they can download the file, but they shouldn't be able to share and copy the file with anyone else)
Anyway to do this?

Solution
Thanks guys.
I've searched on google too, seems there are no way to prevent copying file(not text, text copy lock already invented).
I just better hope i create some good-enough PDFs so anyone would buy instead of copying and using the file easily lol.

nope, screen captures isn't what i mean. i meant just copy blocking of "file". yup, there is ALWAYS screen capture.
If it is downloaded, you can't block copying it. The links I posted will make it more difficult to cut/paste from it.
You could use a unique password on each copy. That could allow you to trace where the copies came from. Kind of like the marks that film studios use on preview copies of movies. They have to send out copies to awards voters. But if a movie...

WickedSick

Commendable
Jun 22, 2020

WickedSick

Commendable
Jun 22, 2020
Thanks guys.
I've searched on google too, seems there are no way to prevent copying file(not text, text copy lock already invented).
I just better hope i create some good-enough PDFs so anyone would buy instead of copying and using the file easily lol.
Yeah, all you can do is discourage some. As @ex_bubblehead said, there is ALWAYS screen captures of some kind.
nope, screen captures isn't what i mean. i meant just copy blocking of "file". yup, there is ALWAYS screen capture.

kanewolf

Titan
Thanks guys.

If it is downloaded, you can't block copying it. The links I posted will make it more difficult to cut/paste from it.
You could use a unique password on each copy. That could allow you to trace where the copies came from. Kind of like the marks that film studios use on preview copies of movies. They have to send out copies to awards voters. But if a movie is pirated, they have a chance of figuring out where it came from.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.