Question How to Retrieve Data from External SSD with Windows 10 Installed ?

Nov 16, 2022
Hello everyone,

Recently my old laptop died, so I had to buy a new one. This old laptop had a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500G installed. As it was still functioning (the motherboard was the cause of death), I took it off as I had all my data on that SSD with Windows 10 installed.

So right now, I have a new laptop (which also has an SSD) with Windows 11 installed and I want to retrieve my data from the old SSD. So I bought an Ewent adaptor to connect the old SSD externally so I could retrieve my data.

So my question is how do I retrieve the data from this old SSD with Windows 10 installed and connected externally through an adaptor to my Windows 11 laptop?

When going to the folder "Users" and clicking on my personal folder so I could retrieve the data, it is entirely empty. So this way I can't access the data.

Thank you!

Nov 16, 2022
You need to navigate to the folder of the name of the user. You may run into access permission issues.

Thanks for the answer but that's what I meant when I said "When going to the folder "Users" and clicking on my personal folder so I could retrieve the data, it is entirely empty. So this way I can't access the data. "

Or am I missing something?

Thank you!