Question How to revert to the stock firmware on my router ?

Kinnyr90

Distinguished
BANNED
Aug 24, 2012
Hi,

I have an Asus RTAX88U Pro Router.

I use the router hard wired through ethernet cables. I still have the wireless turned on because my phone is connected. Also my tv. My soundbar. And my Direct Tv Genie2 Wireless reciever.

My question is? I'm using Merlin 3rd party firmware.
If I ever want to go back to the stock firmware. How would I do that?
Because I have done a hard reset on this router in the past as I was having issues. Probably my own fault.
I used a paper clip and I pressed and held the red button on the back of the router. And everything took fine. However, it was still on the Merlin firmware, not on the stock firmware that the router had when I purchased it.

Also I went into the router settings of 192.50.1 and I went to the adminstration tab..
There I went to the "restore and save\upload settings" and clicked on the restore button. And I checked the box. where it says "Initialize all the settings, and clear all the data log for AiProtection, Traffic Analyzer, and Web History"

But still the router is using the Merlin firmware. So how do I get this router back to stock firmware?

This is a custom built desktop PC running Windows 11 (23H2)

It should be as easy as going to asus getting the current image and telling the router to update the firmware.
There were more problems in the past especialy with dd-wrt. The merlin site likely has any new information if there is some issue with the newer chipsets.