[SOLVED] How to revive GPU's speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jett_______2131223

Prominent
Jul 15, 2020
monitor connect to the gpu and not the motherboard?
make and model of the psu?
what the gpu temp? got the pcie power?

My Graphics card is plugged into the monitor and not the CPU/APU.
my power supply is a LEPA G series 1200w so I'm definitely getting enough power.
my GPU starts to artifact at 80 degrees Celsius. when I try to load battle front, my fans crank up as expected and it loads normally without interruption. i get artifacts while I'm loading Battlefront 2. when its about to load the title screen, it stops itself and closes the program. According to my task manager, my GPU works at 100% when the game is almost done loading. nothing else reaches 100% utilization when battlefront 2 is loading (except for my hard drive).
(my GPU artifacts when its being tested)
its 14 pin connector.
Once again, this card has had a lot of use.
I have not recorded the temp of my GPU during battlefront 2, but i know its not getting hot enough it artifact/fail.

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Titan
Yup, working on the drivers is the next step.

Unfortunately, a lot of this sounds like a failing GPU. Artifacting and failing at load is not a symptom of a healthy GPU, nor is it likely an issue that can be repaired. What PSU have you been using to power this GPU?

A full, fresh installation of Windows would be another last-ditch thing to try, in order to definitively rule out any software issues.

Jett_______2131223

Prominent
Jul 15, 2020
yep. i went and contacted the original owner, and he said it was in a bit coin mining machine. he also said it could get so hot the thing would shut its self down every day and he had to install vents in the room (yikes). its probably just time i got a new graphics card.
(I got it for free)

Thanks for the tips!

DSzymborski

Titan
Glad you're improving with a new GPU.

Next investments, for your system's performance, would be the RAM and the hard drive. That's just about the slowest DDR4 RAM you can find and Ryzen is a platform that craves faster RAM, much moreso than the modern Intels. And a 5400 RPM Western Digital Green HDD is far from ideal to be running your OS on.

Reactions: Jett_______2131223

Jett_______2131223

Prominent
Jul 15, 2020
thanks for the info. i can afford an ssd. any suggestions?
how fast do i want my new ram to be?
also, when i was playing battlefront 2, i was getting random lag in the offline modes. is this because of my CPU? it runs near 100% percent when plying.

Last edited:

Jett_______2131223

Prominent
Jul 15, 2020
Status
Not open for further replies.