How to run Lotus Notes (R5) under Win 7 / is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdeangel

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
I was a power user of Lotus Notes R5 -- back when the client designer was included -- and still have many databases that I would like to get back into and even start using on a regular basis again. They were all running under Win XP.

Since those good old days I basically switched to Linux 100%, but recently got a refurbished laptop with a clean Win 7 -- no bloatware -- intaled and decided to keep Windows around as a dual boot since. I would love to be able to get Notes R5 running on that Win7 machine. I've tried a few things, including "checkbox" in the launcher to run as Win XP. That didn't help.

I'm wondering if anyone here has messed around with this niche problem, either having successfully got Notes R5 to run on Win 7, or alternatively some way to run it under Wine? (I'm a little ignorant about Wine but I recently messed around with it to try to get some game save editors to run on a Linux machine and now have a very basic working knowledge of what it is... I'd probably be more comfortable with it running in Win 7 if it's possible)

Thanks in advance...

Solution
If that Windows 7 is of "Pro" variety, it has (couple of mouse-clicks away) "Windows XP Mode" - fully-functional, licensed Windows XP inside Microsoft' VirtualPC
Status
Not open for further replies.