[SOLVED] How to run windows off new ssd

superballer135

Commendable
Jan 27, 2019
So I already have 2 hard drives as well as an ssd installed, but I want to make all my basic proccesses run off the ssd so everything goes smoother and runs faster. Idk if that means i need windows 10 on my ssd or what, but I would like to keep everything the same except for the fact I want the basic stuff to run off of the ssd. How do I go about doing this?

Solution
To clone into a 250GB SSD, the actual used space on the current drive must be below 200GB.
Hence, the question above.

So....how much space is consumed on your current C drive?

USAFRet

Titan
So I already have 2 hard drives as well as an ssd installed, but I want to make all my basic proccesses run off the ssd so everything goes smoother and runs faster. Idk if that means i need windows 10 on my ssd or what, but I would like to keep everything the same except for the fact I want the basic stuff to run off of the ssd. How do I go about doing this?
"keep everything the same"

This would lead to cloning your current OS drive to the new SSD.

So, questions:
What size/make/model is the new SSD?
How much space is consumed on your current C drive?
What OS? Win 10?
Does it currently run to your satisfaction?

superballer135

Commendable
Jan 27, 2019
It says it is a ct250mx500ssd1 dont know what that means tbh but it is a 250 gb ssd, how much storage do I need to clear for the cloned version of windows? And it is windows 10. I have a beast for a computer but it definitely has room for improvement and i think what im missing is it running off of an ssd, i have 2tb free on one hard drive and 1tb free on another one. What is the best way to go through the process of cloning it? Could you give me a link to a favorable video per chance?