[SOLVED] How to Salvage an Image from a .mbdb file?

Linollieum

Honorable
Jan 27, 2016
Hello! I am not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this, but I have a very odd question.

Does anyone know, with an image that was saved, but somehow saved to a .mbdb file, if there's a way to get the image back out of it?

My wife was using the drawing program Sketchbook on her mac laptop, while connected to a Huion drawing tablet so she could draw with her stylus. When she saved her drawing, instead of saving to her art folder as the default .tiff file, it saved to her mac's desktop as a .mbdb file. I contacted Sketchbook's support, and they thought it must be that her macbook got confused somehow, and thought the connected device was something to do with itunes and saved her image as an itunes backup. They suggested trying to get it out of the .mbdb file somehow.

The .mbdb file is 650 mb, and I managed to open it on filext.com as an sqlite database, and it has filenames of brush_1.bru and such in it, so I feel like something of her image and her brush strokes are saved in this, so I'm hoping there might somehow be some way to salvage her drawing from the .mbdb file, but I haven't been able to figure out any app to open it or do anything with it on my windows computer, and I wouldn't know all too well how to. Sketchbook obviously can't interact with it, and iphonebackup and programs like that, I couldn't get anything out of them so far or really find anything that interacts with .mbdb files. Her drawing might just be gone forever, but I'm hoping someone might have some kind of an idea.

Thanks!

Solution
Did you try drag and drop back into the sketch software?
If you can figure out the file extension the sketch software uses for temp files rename it into that and see what happens.
On windows there is a tool called filekeyesearch that can extract files out of files based on their description (key) , I don't know if it has a key for your sketch software and basically I doubt it since it's a pretty old tool. Adding new keys is pretty easy since it is text based but you would have to know the specifics of the file type which is not so easy.
Did you try drag and drop back into the sketch software?
If you can figure out the file extension the sketch software uses for temp files rename it into that and see what happens.
On windows there is a tool called filekeyesearch that can extract files out of files based on their description (key) , I don't know if it has a key for your sketch software and basically I doubt it since it's a pretty old tool. Adding new keys is pretty easy since it is text based but you would have to know the specifics of the file type which is not so easy.

Solution