Question How to save BIOS defaults with only volume, and power buttons

Sep 23, 2019
I know this is stupid, but I got a problem with my windows 10 usb. Then I booted into bios (aptio setup utility) and I accidentally disabled all the usb ports. Then I saved it then I cannot use the keyboard now and I can only use is the power button, up/down volume

I can access bios with power and vUP, I can load defaults by holding power button and accept it by volDOWN but I couldn't save it because I cannot access save and exit because it only scrolls up and down. How can I fix it. Thank you

Device: KOGAN Atlas 2-in-1 D300

D

Deleted member 14196

Pull the CMOS battery out and leave it out for 10 minutes with the power shut off of course then reinsert the battery and start up that should clear the CMOS

After that don’t use any stupid and useless utilities to do foolish things

Sep 23, 2019
Pull the CMOS battery out and leave it out for 10 minutes with the power shut off of course then reinsert the battery and start up that should clear the CMOS

Doess this also applied to tablet pc's?

Sep 23, 2019

I successfully opened the tabletpc, but my new problem is... I cannot find the CMOS battery or the cmos reset switch., is there any other way to reset it?

Sep 23, 2019
you have no need to open it, there is no CMOS battery for you

do a FACTORY RESET on it. done.

Users Manual

I couldn't, it has a American Megatrends 2018 bios, which cannot be used to go left and right using volume and power button ( there are only 3 hardware buttons on the main tablet ) that's why I couldn't go to the part where I can reset the bios.

Btw. The tutorial is applied for the Kogan android phone, not windows tablet