How To 

How to Save Paladin Danse in Fallout 4

Is Danse one of your favorite companions, and you'd rather keep him around to accompany you in the future rather than kill him? Read on, and I'll show you how to save the poor synth.

Step 1)Bring charisma gear.
In order to save him, you are going to need to pass a series of persuasion checks. The higher your charisma, with buffs, the easier these are going to be. Bring a fancy hat, a suit, some mentats, anything you can to increase this.

fallout-4-charisma.jpg

Step 2)Convince Elder Maxson that you didn't know.
Pop some mentats and put on that gear before you speak with Elder Maxson to be given this quest, make a new save in case you fail as well. During the conversation he'll reveal that Danse is a synth, and you'll have to convince him you had no idea. Even if you fail to convince him, I believe you can still save him though, but it's better to be safe than sorry here.

326.jpg

Step 3)Stop Danse from killing himself.
Turns out, the whole execution isn't really required at all as he's set to kill himself if you don't. You're going to have to pass a few persuasion checks to convince him not to do it. Again, save before you talk to him, and pop your mentats.

maxresdefault.jpg

Step 4)Talk Elder Maxson not to take care of it himself.
I suppose you don't get to be the Elder of the Brotherhood of Steel by just trusting that your subordinates are just going to do what they are told all of the time. He's followed you, and is all set to carry out the execution for you as soon as you step outside. Save before you do and convince him otherwise.

maxresdefault.jpg

Elder Maxson will grudgingly let Danse live, but he will no longer be a member of the Brotherhood of Steel. If you ally yourself with him and bring him around as your companion, it's best to avoid the brotherhood as they will shoot on sight and declare you an official enemy of the Brotherhood.