Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFlash1300

Prominent
Mar 15, 2022
Hello. I want to scan the BIOS for viruses, but i don't know how to do it. This is the BIOS:

Brand: Phoenix Technologies Ltd.
Version: V1.09 -AMD AGESA StoneyPI V1.3.0.G

I need to see if there are viruses in the BIOS. I'm not aware of any anti-virus program that can scan the BIOS. After all, the BIOS is in the motherboard, not in the SSD, which is why anti-virus programs don't have access to the BIOS.

So, would someone show me a way to check if there are viruses in the BIOS?

Thanks.

This is much ado about absolutely nothing. In my nearly 50 years in the business I can count the number of compromised BIOS's on one hand and have 4 fingers left over. Stop worrying over nothing and simply use your computer. And I will reiterate what other moderators have already told you, please stop creating endless threads for every random thought that pops into your head.

Reactions: boydfields

DSzymborski

Titan
I need to see if there are viruses in the BIOS. I'm not aware of any anti-virus program that can scan the BIOS. After all, the BIOS is in the motherboard, not in the SSD, which is why anti-virus programs don't have access to the BIOS.

So, would someone show me a way to check if there are viruses in the BIOS?

There isn't. You infer that there is a BIOS virus based on malicious behavior with no storage. It is also exceedingly rare: if you're a suspicious consumer, the answer is almost always no. Then you either flash the BIOS and if you can't, unless you're very good with a soldering iron, you buy a new motherboard.

Also, once again, please stop posting new threads for every related question. You started another thread about viruses three hours ago already. Again, as you've been warned, this forum is not a replacement for a Google search. You've posted five threads in just seven hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.