[SOLVED] How to search cases by CPU cooler clearence

istemi

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2014
Hi,

I bought Noctua NH-D15 and it is 19,5cm from my motherboard ( one of the fan is staying above my RAM sticks. I am having hard time to find a case. most pc part picking tools does not consider the coolers height, and the ones that does recommend small cases somehow.

Any tips for me? How can I find a case by its CPU cooler clearence?

Solution
Hi,

I bought Noctua NH-D15 and it is 19,5cm from my motherboard ( one of the fan is staying above my RAM sticks. I am having hard time to find a case. most pc part picking tools does not consider the coolers height, and the ones that does recommend small cases somehow.

The most reliable way is to select a case that you want and then go to the manufacturer website and check the technical specs. As long as you know the total cooler height, it's a matter of matching or exceeding that number with the case clearance.

When you know what you're looking for it doesn't take very long and you may find something else useful about the case you didn't know that helps your...
Hi,

The most reliable way is to select a case that you want and then go to the manufacturer website and check the technical specs. As long as you know the total cooler height, it's a matter of matching or exceeding that number with the case clearance.

When you know what you're looking for it doesn't take very long and you may find something else useful about the case you didn't know that helps your decision to buy or pass.

Even if you filter through Pcpartpicker or Newegg it's a good idea to verify the information with the manufacturer website.

Reactions: Crosslhs82x2
Solution

TRENDING THREADS