Question How to secure your windows 10 retail key?

amit.rudy

Reputable
Sep 21, 2017
Im afraid my friend knows my windows 10 retail key. how can i restrict him or anyone from using my windows 10 key. i have signed in with a microsoft account but im not sure if my Microsoft account is linked with my windows 10 key. Will Microsoft send me an email if someone tries to use my windows key? How can i make it more secure like an email account? Can i set a mobile number on which i can get an OTP, in case i forget my activation key or someone tries to use my key?

amit.rudy

Reputable
Sep 21, 2017
I have got few questions and confusions. First of all I'm afraid that a friend of mine knows my windows 10 retail key and he might use it without telling me. Now is it possible that same retail key could be used in two desktops? If he tries to use my key, will microsoft block my windows too? If someone tries to use my windows key, will microsoft send me an email for telling me that?

When I go to my settings > update & security > Activation, I see "Windows is activated with digital license linked to your microsoft account" Does that mean it's 100% secure or I can do other things too to make it more secure?