Question How to see apps on TabA using ADB power shell ( Uninstalling Bloatware)

Status
Not open for further replies.

anken

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
When Samsung Tab A is connected to laptop via USB cable without ADB commands, all of it's content shows up on laptop.

But ,when trying to connect tablet to laptop via ADB power shell command, only the win10 apps show up, but Samsung Tab A is not recognized.

. Windows10 laptop device manager shows the tablet and ADB drivers.

*I have tried a different cable and USB ports

*Have installed-updated USB, ADB drivers

*On Samsung Tab A, Developer Option, Stay awake , USB debugging and USB- MTP is enabled.

*Have turned off ,disconnected tablet, turned off developer option, USB debugging etc.

*Reconnected TabA first and then enabled developer option, debugging etc. again.

*Still, anytime I try the ADB command in ADB power shell, only the windows apps show up.

* Power Shell then asks “How do you want to open this file?” It shows only win10 files. If I scroll all the way down, it shows the content of TabA, but still unable to show it in Power Shell.

Also, lately when opening ADB, the new message: “Can't connect scanner (Epson)” comes up. Epson Scanner/Printer is working fine. No issue in Device Manager. Does my ADB problem have something to do with the printer? This message started as I was trying to use ADB command.
Co-incidents? To make sure, I reinstalled the printer driver, but still not able to use ADB.

It seems that somewhere I'm missing something but as far as I know, I have tried everything.

I thank you very much in advance for any ideas/suggestion you might have.

Samsung Tab A does connect to Win10 laptop without ADB

When Samsung Tab A is connected to laptop via USB cable without ADB commands, all of it's content shows up on laptop.

When trying to connect tablet to laptop via ADB power shell command, only the win10 apps show up, but Samsung Tab A is not recognized.

*On Samsung Tab A, Developer Option, Stay awake and USB debugging is enabled.

*Have turned off ,disconnected tablet, turned off developer option, USB debugging, etc.

*Reconnected TabA first and then enabled developer option, debugging etc. again.

*Still, anytime I try the ADB command in ADB power shell, only the windows apps show up.

* Power Shell asks “How do you want to open this file?” If I scroll all the way down and it shows the content of TabA, but still unable to show in Power Shell.

Also, anytime when opening ADB, the now new message: “Can't connect scanner (Epson)”comes up. Epson printer is turned off, but Scanner/Printer is working fine. No issue in Device Manager. Does my ADB problem have something to do with the printer? This message started as I was trying to use ADB command.

Co-incidents? To make sure, I reinstalled the printer driver, but still not able to use ADB.

It seems that somewhere I'm missing something but as far as I know, I have tried everything.

When trying to connect tablet to laptop via ADB power shell command, only the win10 apps show up, but Samsung Tab A is not recognized.

*Have turned off ,disconnected tablet, turned off developer option, USB debugging, etc.

* Power Shell asks “How do you want to open this file?” If I scroll all the way down and it shows the content of TabA, but still unable to show in Power Shell.

Also, anytime when opening ADB, the now new message: “Can't connect scanner (Epson)”comes up. Epson printer is turned off, but Scanner/Printer is working fine. No issue in Device Manager. Does my ADB problem have something to do with the printer? This message started as I was trying to use ADB command.

anken

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
I am so, so sorry! Somehow, my post multiplied again and again. Have tried to edit but it keeps going. Haven't found a way to delete the multible posts. Sorry....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS