[SOLVED] How to selectively disable power to USB ports after shutdown without ErP?

Jun 1, 2022
I would like to disable power to my USB ports when my pc is off. I'm aware of the ErP bios setting solution, but my problem is that this disables Wake on LAN which I would like to continue using. Ideally, I would like power to be disabled to a specific port, but this is probably wishful thinking. I'm perfectly fine with a solution that disables power to all ports after shutdown without ErP.

My motherboard is an Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) ATX AM4.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You could probably go into your BIOS>Advanced>USB configuration>USB Single Port control and see if manipulating the ports helps but that will also disable the ports once you've booted into OS GUI. I doubt you're going to have granular(selective power output) support with power output on one or more USB ports.

Jun 1, 2022
You could probably go into your BIOS>Advanced>USB configuration>USB Single Port control and see if manipulating the ports helps but that will also disable the ports once you've booted into OS GUI. I doubt you're going to have granular(selective power output) support with power output on one or more USB ports.

Exactly, as far as I'm aware the only single USB port control my mobo has is full enable or full disable. However, after digging through the bios some more I think I've found a partial solution to my question (should at least work on ASUS mobos). Disabling "USB power delivery in Soft Off state (S5)" under Advanced\Onboard Devices Configuration disables powers to all USB ports after shutdown. I'm not 100% sure yet if this disables Wake on LAN but I don't see any reason it would. In an ideal world I would still like to do this but with a specific port, but I would be very surprised if that's even possible.

Last edited: