[SOLVED] How to sell a 4K monitor?

Overlockhelp

Honorable
Jul 14, 2014
Hi,
I want to sell a Samsung 4K UHD monitor on eBay.
It is used condition.

Question, how do I ship it safely to the customer. I have no original box.
The monitor is 28 inches wide and will not post in the mail.

I live in the UK.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Solution
Ebay has fees and scammers. They are my place of last resort to sell something.

In the USA we have things like Craigslist and facebook marketplace. Anything like that over there? If you sell it local or face to face you don't have to worry about shipping. Or fees. That alone can save you money. You also won't have to worry about the buyer contacting you saying it's broken, doesn't work, etc. Meet at a PUBLIC place which doesn't mean a parking lot and finish the deal. If you don't mind the buyer knowing where you live your house works as well. NOT their house. And bring a friend.

I think you can buy a monitor box as well. Uhual would be a place I'd check. I've also bought used monitors that were shipped in other monitors...
Find a box that the monitor can fit in with a few inches to spare on the sides and top and bottom for packing material. Put a styrofoam piece on the bottom to rest the monitor on, then fill the sides tightly with packing peanuts or even some of those expanding foam bags, then place a piece of styrofoam on the top and close the box up. You can buy all this stuff at any postage place.

Basically you want the monitor to stay secure in the box and not shift around.

4745454b

Titan
Ebay has fees and scammers. They are my place of last resort to sell something.

In the USA we have things like Craigslist and facebook marketplace. Anything like that over there? If you sell it local or face to face you don't have to worry about shipping. Or fees. That alone can save you money. You also won't have to worry about the buyer contacting you saying it's broken, doesn't work, etc. Meet at a PUBLIC place which doesn't mean a parking lot and finish the deal. If you don't mind the buyer knowing where you live your house works as well. NOT their house. And bring a friend.

I think you can buy a monitor box as well. Uhual would be a place I'd check. I've also bought used monitors that were shipped in other monitors box. If you are upgrading then try to pack the old one in the new box. This doesn't work if you have a 29" and you upgraded to a 25". But you might be surprised how close they are.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS