Jul 19, 2019
I have a HP Notebook - 14-am125tx. One day I was updating the BIOS after the Laptop was fixed, the chip got reballed. Because I accidentally use a wrong type of alcohol to change the thermal paste.
Anyway, back to the BIOS. After I updated the Laptop BIOS through the HP Assistant. Suddenly the update went error. And now my laptop won't turn on. It keep turning on and off repeatedly , every time I press the power button. I have try to fix the Laptop with every method.
  1. Removing the CMOS Battery and putting it back in
  2. HP BIOS Recovery on a Flashdrive
  3. Try to access the BIOS settings through key combination, but can't access it.
I even bring it to a service center, and they suggest me to change the motherboard instead which cost almost the same for a new HP Notebook that I have.
So I have been thinking. I want to build a new PC instead. I want to sell my Laptop, and add the money to my Budget PC Build. But how I'm going to sell the Laptop? All my personal data is still in there and I can't even access my Laptop.
Normally if you want to sell a used Laptop.
  1. You back-up the personal data from the Laptop
  2. Do a clean install of the OS, so there's no personal data of you left on the Laptop.
  3. Then sell it