[SOLVED] How to set 2 SSD in Asus HYPER M.2 X16 CARD V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 28, 2021
Hey guys,
Today I would like to ask you how to configure the NVMe adapter from Asus.

I had earlier a B550 which had 3 NVMe slots but once I switched to X570, I had to find a solution to mount an additional 2 NVMe in one adapter (earlier had 1 additional PCIe NVMe adapter).

My current config:
Asus X570 ROG CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA (BIOS 3204)
AMD Ryzen 3950X

And here comes the problems.

I placed GPU in the PCIEX16_2 slot and the NVMe adapter in PCIEX16_1. I turned on bifurcation in BIOS (AUTO > RAID MODE) but still I can't see 2nd drive.

BIOS is giving me only a callback about one drive:
hZWWBUZ.jpg

HYPER M.2 config:
  • M.2(SOCKET3)_1:
  • M.2(SOCKET3)_2: Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe
  • M.2(SOCKET3)_3:
  • M.2(SOCKET3)_4: PNY 1TB NVMe XLR8 CS3030

Just to be clear I don't want to do a RAID from these discs. I want to have 2 separate storage devices that I can use.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i don't think you can see them separately, its a RAID card. I know you don't want to run as RAID but card doesn't appear to work any other way. only way it can access both drives is as a raid array. the controller on the chip isn't set up for anything else.

Intel® VROC ready and NVMe RAID support on AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™
Hyper M.2 x16 is designed specifically for Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (VROC) and the AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ platform for NVMe RAID support and features four M.2 slots, providing up to 128 Gbps of bandwidth per card.

asus website fail, wrong description for link. it is right site, just wrong description
its how card works.

Status
Not open for further replies.