How to set a gif avatar?

Solution
You can set your avatar in your profile. You should see your username with a drop-down box on the top right of your screen. Select "manage my profile," then "account settings."

There is a size limit, but I don't know it off the top of my head. Mine is 63x80 pixels, so 80x80 is a good start. If I find the exact limit, I'll edit this post.

EDIT: I'm seeing 100x100 bandied about now. Try it, and see if it complains.
You can set your avatar in your profile. You should see your username with a drop-down box on the top right of your screen. Select "manage my profile," then "account settings."

There is a size limit, but I don't know it off the top of my head. Mine is 63x80 pixels, so 80x80 is a good start. If I find the exact limit, I'll edit this post.

EDIT: I'm seeing 100x100 bandied about now. Try it, and see if it complains.

Solution
mine is 85x85 but i do believe 100x100 is the maximum. when using animated images you need to make sure that hte file size isnt too large or the system might not accept it. also realize that it might take time to get updated as us moderators need to approve avatar changes so that people dont abuse the system and use something obscene

if you need help with trimming up an avatar there are a few photoshop experts around on the forum (myself included) whom you could ask for assistance.

@razerz, every time i see your avatar around i want to say houki shinonono just because its fun to say :lol:

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador

haha I was saying her name over and over again when I first watched the anime :p

Also creds to your build and signature. Love the Rias Gremory wallpaper/figures and your overall set up in general :D

@razerz

if you want... i can make you an animated signature or avatar. i can pull frames right from dvd and convert it into an animation. of course it would have to be something i own (which is a pretty extensive collection). i was originally going to use a rias gremory avatar but i changed my mind last minute to maya because i thought it fit in better with the forum colors and it matched my signature colors better.

to be honest i cheated on the signature just a bit since i just cut down an animation i found already (since i liked it) and put an overlay on it. i ended up going simplistic but my first two creations were a bit more fancy.

mokasig.gif

Untitled_3.gif

not what i would consider hard to do. if you want me to come up with something for you just ask :)

thanks, while everything isnt how i would like it i do enjoy my setup. i made that wallpaper myself from some stock images in photoshop. you can check out some of my other work here http://postimg.org/gallery/5s3aqcsa/ and here http://postimg.org/gallery/a2hyyzqy/ and while that isnt all the work i've done... its my most recent. if you want anything resized or a wallpaper made up just let me know.

---

if you do... pm me about it :)

Skyler14

Reputable
May 14, 2014

Not exactly to necropost, but any update on that size limit?

EDIT: oops, meant to quote your other post a little higher

size limit on avatars?

up to 100x100 dimension.

not sure on file size, although i can recall seeing ones around 370kb. it is generally advised to try and keep file sizes reasonable so that pages load faster although i havent heard of a file size limit being noted from any of the staffers nor have i encountered denial by the system for being over limit.

or were you referring to another size limit?

TRENDING THREADS