How to Set custom Bandwidth ? Help Please !

Deepesh Shenoy

Honorable
Apr 20, 2015
So im currently having Broadband ADSL Internet by BSNL , And my router is Iball Baton 150M iB-WRA150N , And have a plan of 512kbps unlimited , The fact is we have 2 computer , both uses the same router by ethernet . And when my bro watches youtube on his computer , i get 0kbps speed . So any way to set custom speed for a computer ? Help please !
Here are some pics of configuration : http://imgur.com/a/UY0yu

Solution
That is whole screen full of options whose only purpose is to confuse people into thinking they have some feature when most of it is serves no purpose at all.

Anything related to dscp or any form of packet marking has no purpose on a device connected to the internet. All ISP strip those off if they exist. It would only be used in a corporate network and nobody use a devices like these in corporate networks.

The only thing you can possibly do is set certain users to some unknown "high" queue. There really is no way to know what that means and it sure does not do what you want to set hard limits on machines.

On top of all this it only limits traffic you send...ie upload and you want to limit download which you technically can't do...
That is whole screen full of options whose only purpose is to confuse people into thinking they have some feature when most of it is serves no purpose at all.

Anything related to dscp or any form of packet marking has no purpose on a device connected to the internet. All ISP strip those off if they exist. It would only be used in a corporate network and nobody use a devices like these in corporate networks.

The only thing you can possibly do is set certain users to some unknown "high" queue. There really is no way to know what that means and it sure does not do what you want to set hard limits on machines.

On top of all this it only limits traffic you send...ie upload and you want to limit download which you technically can't do because the ISP controls which traffic gets dropped and your router can do nothing after the fact.

Solution

Deepesh Shenoy

Honorable
Apr 20, 2015

Thanks for the reply