Question How to set display priority on ASRock Z75 Pro 3's BIOS?

May 18, 2019
I have an ASRock Z75 Pro 3 with a GForce video card. To the video card I have connected my monitor and a TV.

On Windows I have "Duplicated" the displays. This is fine. I always see whats is happening on my monitor, and I turn on the TV when I want to watch what's on my PC there.

The problem is that before the OS starts, for some reason, the primary display is the TV, there is black screen on the monitor when the PC boot, I have to turn on the TV to if Windows is loading.

In this stance I want to make the primary display the monitor too, not the TV (or duplicated, like in Windows).

With some research I believe that this setting in the BIOS should be in Advanced > North Bridge Configuration. But I can't find any option there. Here is the screenshot of the motherboard manual View: https://imgur.com/a/WqAxc5w

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

May 18, 2019
An option would be disconnecting the dp, or turning off the tv when starting the pc and needing to access the BIOS.

I have no issues to access to the BIOS. If I need to enter the BIOS or see the boot process (sometimes set the OS, I have Windows by default and 3 seconds to change to Ubuntu) I usually disconnect the HDMI (TV) and I can see it on the monitor, or turn on the TV and see it there.

The problem is that I want to have always connected the two devices (for convenience), and be able to see the startup/boot process in the monitor. Now when I turned on the PC it shows the boot process only on the TV who is usually turned off, till the Windows login screen appears, in this moment yes, the display is "duplicated" (I guess because I set this on Windows settings), I want to be duplicated from the start (or only see the boot process on the monitor, don't really care much if is not shown on the TV).

You know what I mean? Thanks!

May 18, 2019
Then I see no other option than connecting the monitor to DVI via convertor, if DVI-D, or adapter, if DVI-I..

Oh, I was looking for a solution trough software.

Will consider your suggestion (not an expert on hardware, don't totally understand what you mean).

Thanks for your help.

May 18, 2019
Apparently, the priority set for the card is DVI-HDMI-DP. Connecting the monitor to DVI should solve the issue.

Oh I understand now. I look for this adapters (VGA to DVI) on Amazon and cost $3, but I look in my country and sadly are from $60. Not considering buying one at the moment.

Thanks for help me.

Hope someone has a software solution to that problem.