[SOLVED] How to set/start "O&O ShutUp 10" ?

anaturelover

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
Hi

I read that you don't install "O&O ShutUp 10" you just run it? i dont understand how can that be.
Could someone explain me and tell me the first steps at suggested setting?

Solution
Doesn't need installing because it's a simple and "portable" utility.
The download is a small ".exe" file which you double-click to open the Windows settings interface.
Safest settings to are the ones with green switches, be careful enabling the red ones if you don't fully understand what consequences it might have.

Personally I prefer to stick with whatever options are available in Windows itself, less likely to screw it up that way.
I don't even use Ccleaner anymore, not necessary on Windows 10 --- not for me anyhow .
its an application that does not require an install because its app that changes settings in windows for the better I feel there are so many changes that it makes it would take too long to manually do it. I generally place the two files on my C: drive and create a shortcut to the .exe as for running it there is an actions tab at the top and you could do recommended settings but my personal preference is recommended and somewhat it does a system restore point for you and my windows 10 runs a lot better for it.

Doesn't need installing because it's a simple and "portable" utility.
The download is a small ".exe" file which you double-click to open the Windows settings interface.
Safest settings to are the ones with green switches, be careful enabling the red ones if you don't fully understand what consequences it might have.

Personally I prefer to stick with whatever options are available in Windows itself, less likely to screw it up that way.
I don't even use Ccleaner anymore, not necessary on Windows 10 --- not for me anyhow .

Reactions: Tommy Sawyer
Solution
You only open it when you want to change any of the Windows settings that it covers.

Double-click the .exe file to open the ShutUp interface.
Turn desired Windows settings on or off using the switches on the left.
Close ShutUp interface until next time you want to change something.