[SOLVED] how to set timings for 3200MHz,cl14 RAM with 3700x???(noob!)

ddmeltzer8

Honorable
Jan 25, 2017
Hi.I wonder what timings to set for my 3200Mhz cl14(14-14-14-34) 2x8GB RAM(g.skill/b-die)?
Im running it on Asus TUF x570 wifi and 3700x.There r so many things i have no idea about,most of them start with a "t".Im not planning on overclocking the CPU.But would like to run RAM @ 3400 or 3600MHz.
I would also like to do it in the bios,no extra software.
Let me know if theres anything i forgot to include.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
The place i shop only had cl18 for 3600,so i got the 3200 cl14.It should be faster from what i could gather.
Il give ur tip a try.

edit:i only have one docp profile,does it matter?can i make another?

Thanks.
Just set it to the 3200 Mhz DOCP profile then change the separate Memory Frequency setting to 3400 MHz and see if it will boot.

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
If you really do want to OC your RAM I suggest you get Thaiphoon Burner to Read your RAM info and then input it into the DRAM Calculator Version 1.6.0.3:

But DO NOT think this is a quick process like just using the xmp settings.
You need to change 1 or just a few settings at a time and then test the RAM and also run a System Stability test after every change.
It took me about a week to get my Max CPU OC and Max RAM OC stable.

Reactions: ddmeltzer8
If you want to Overclock RAM, i highly recommend looking into my ryzen memory overclocking guides in my signature. It takes a long period of time to stabilize RAM.

I recommend just using your XMP profile and not overclocking, or return your RAM kit and buy a faster kit. Unless you really want to overclock your DRAM.

You can try just increasing your memory speed to 3400mhz with a bump in DRAM voltage to 1.4v, see if that works. make sure you stabilize it correctly though.

ddmeltzer8

Honorable
Jan 25, 2017
If you really do want to OC your RAM I suggest you get Thaiphoon Burner to Read your RAM info and then input it into the DRAM Calculator Version 1.6.0.3:

But DO NOT think this is a quick process like just using the xmp settings.
You need to change 1 or just a few settings at a time and then test the RAM and also run a System Stability test after every change.
It took me about a week to get my Max CPU OC and Max RAM OC stable.
Thanks,but im not up for that...Maybe in the future,though.But for now i just want a fairly running system.
Cheers.

ddmeltzer8

Honorable
Jan 25, 2017
If you want to Overclock RAM, i highly recommend looking into my ryzen memory overclocking guides in my signature. It takes a long period of time to stabilize RAM.

I recommend just using your XMP profile and not overclocking, or return your RAM kit and buy a faster kit. Unless you really want to overclock your DRAM.

You can try just increasing your memory speed to 3400mhz with a bump in DRAM voltage to 1.4v, see if that works. make sure you stabilize it correctly though.
I dont think theres any XMP in the bios.But theres something called DOCP.Would i be able to run it at a bit higher speed than the advertised?Inf.Fabric is set to 3600?I guess that would be a "smart" speed to run at?

Thanks.

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
I would first try 3200 Mhz and see if that is stable then possibly 3400 Mhz by just changing the frequency and increasing the DRAM voltage to 1.37 or 1.38 V (but not any timings) and test that for stability as well.
Like this:
View: https://imgur.com/8IhMfXr

If you really wanted 3600 Mhz RAM then you should buy a 3600 Mhz kit that is compatible with your MB.

Reactions: ddmeltzer8

ddmeltzer8

Honorable
Jan 25, 2017
I would first try 3200 Mhz and see if that is stable then possibly 3400 Mhz by just changing the frequency and increasing the DRAM voltage to 1.37 or 1.38 V (but not any timings) and test that for stability as well.
Like this:
View: https://imgur.com/8IhMfXr

If you really wanted 3600 Mhz RAM then you should buy a 3600 Mhz kit that is compatible with your MB.
The place i shop only had cl18 for 3600,so i got the 3200 cl14.It should be faster from what i could gather.
Il give ur tip a try.

Thanks.

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
Il give ur tip a try.

Thanks.
Just set it to the 3200 Mhz DOCP profile then change the separate Memory Frequency setting to 3400 MHz and see if it will boot.

Solution