how to set up a corsair h110i

Aug 23, 2018
hey, I have a corsair h110i but I do not know how to connect it up. my problem is mostly with the fans because I know that you can hook it up to the water block but can you also hook it up to the fan headers on your motherboard and will that make it so you can control the fans more or no
please help me.

Solution
The easier way is to connect the fans to the motherboard fan headers and allow fan control from the BIOS or from the desktop via the motherboard software like Gigabyte APP Center or Asus AI Suite, MSI and ASRock have there own versions as well.

Secondly you could go the Corsair route and connect via the Corsair Fan connectors and control it via Corsair Link or I think its now under there new software iCue. Bottom line no issues going either way.

I currently have the Corsair H150i which I have connected via Corsairs own fan headers that come from the CPU block and control the performance settings through Corsairs iCue software which works well.

I should say both options will allow you to control fan speeds with the usual quiet...
The easier way is to connect the fans to the motherboard fan headers and allow fan control from the BIOS or from the desktop via the motherboard software like Gigabyte APP Center or Asus AI Suite, MSI and ASRock have there own versions as well.

Secondly you could go the Corsair route and connect via the Corsair Fan connectors and control it via Corsair Link or I think its now under there new software iCue. Bottom line no issues going either way.

I currently have the Corsair H150i which I have connected via Corsairs own fan headers that come from the CPU block and control the performance settings through Corsairs iCue software which works well.

I should say both options will allow you to control fan speeds with the usual quiet, balanced and performance settings or create a custom fan curve. I usually just leave it at quiet mode in the Corsair software and it will automatically ramp up the speed should the CPU be working hard and getting hot....The same applies with the motherboard software or BIOS route.

Solution